Wednesday, December 16, 2015

I BELIEVE JESUS IS JEHOVAH

Students of the Bible know that there is something unique about God's name, "Jehovah."  While Jesus said, "No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared Him" (Jn. 1:18; see also 1 Jn. 4:12); and yet, Jacob said he saw God (Gen. 32:30) and Manoah and his wife said they had, as well (Jud. 13:22).  In both cases, the word translated "God" is the Hebrew אֱלֹהִים ('elohiym), the same plural form found in Genesis 1:26, where the pronouns "Us," and "Our" are used.  I believe each saw the pre-incarnate Son of God.  Here are all of the Bible references to Jehovah:

Genesis 22:14 - "And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh:  as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen."  (a place named "Jehovah sees")
Exodus 6:2-3 - "And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD:  and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by My name JEHOVAH was I not known to them."
Exodus 17:15 - "And Moses built an altar, and called the name of it Jehovahnissi."  (a place named "Jehovah is my banner")
Judges 6:24 - "Then Gideon built an altar there unto the LORD, and called it Jehovahshalom: unto this day it is yet in Ophrah of the Abiezrites."  (a place named "Jehovah is peace")
Psalm 83:16-18 - "Fill their faces with shame; that they may seek Thy name, O LORD.  Let them be confounded and troubled forever; yea, let them be put to shame, and perish:  that men may know that Thou, Whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth."
Isaiah 12:1-2 - "And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise Thee: though Thou wast angry with me, Thine anger is turned away, and Thou comfortedst me.  Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; He also is become my salvation."
Isaiah 26:3-4 - "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee.  Trust ye in the LORD forever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength."

Note:  Isaiah 9:6 appears to support this conclusion; it says, "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful Counselor (HS), The Mighty God (Trinity), The Everlasting Father (Father), The Prince of Peace (Jesus)."  Clearly "His name" includes the names for the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit; and for the entire Trinity! 

MERRY CHRISTMAS, AND REMEMBER, HE IS COMING AGAIN! 

No comments:

Post a Comment