Monday, June 6, 2016

THE POPE MUST LEAD ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES!

Recently, I posted that the foundation of the Church, the Body of Christ, was not Peter, but was Jesus Christ Himself.  I gave several passages of Scripture which supported my statement, but apparently I offended some who saw what I had written as an attack on the Roman Catholic Church.  I have written several posts, over the years, that have made it clear that my criticism of the R.C.C. was not with the church itself, but with the mishandling of, and the misinterpretation of, the Bible.  I have even gone out of my way to make sure I use the Douay-Rheims Version, the version published by the R.C.C.!  The current Pope has not only rejected the Bible as the basis for church doctrine, but has even made statements equating the Bible with the Koran.  In addition, he has stated that one does not need to be a Christian to go to heaven; he even stated that an atheist can be assured of sharing eternity with Jesus Christ.  Here, again, is what the Douay-Rheims Version says about what is required for a person to go to heaven:  

John 1:1, 3, 10-13 - "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God....All things were made by Him: and without Him was made nothing that was made....He was in the world, and the world was made by Him, and the world knew Him not.  He came unto His own, and His own received Him not.  But as many as received Him, He gave them power to be made the sons of God, to them that believe in His nameWho are born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." 

John 3:15-18 - "That whosoever believeth in Him, may not perish; but may have life everlasting.  For God so loved the world, as to give His only begotten Son; that whosoever believeth in Him, may not perish, but may have life everlastingFor God sent not His Son into the world, to judge the world, but that the world may be saved by Him.  He that believeth in Him is not judged.  But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

John 6:29, 35, 39-40, 44 - "Jesus answered, and said to them: This is the work of God, that you believe in Him Whom He hath sentAnd Jesus said to them: I am the bread of life: he that cometh to Me shall not hunger: and he that believeth in Me shall never thirst.  Now this is the will of the Father who sent Me: that of all that He hath given Me, I should lose nothing; but should raise it up again in the last day.  And this is the will of My Father that sent Me: that every one who seeth the Son, and believeth in Him, may have life everlasting, and I will raise him up in the last day.  No man can come to Me, except the Father, who hath sent Me, draw him; and I will raise him up in the last day."

John 14:6 -
"Jesus saith to him: I am The Way, and The Truth, and The Life. 
No man cometh to the Father, but by Me." 


 








No comments:

Post a Comment