Sunday, January 28, 2018

REPENTANCE: HUMILITY THAT RESULTS FROM BELIEVING THE GOSPEL!

SALVATION INVOLVES FAITH THAT RESULTS IN REPENTANCE!

Luke 24:47 - Jesus, after His Resurrection, told His disciples "...that repentance AND remission of sins should be preached in His name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem."
[Note:  Repentance is the spiritual response to hearing and believing the Gospel message that Jesus died for one's sins, that He was buried, and that He rose from the dead after three days, just as the Prophetic Scriptures said He would!

Acts 11:18 - "When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then has God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life."
Acts 20:20-21 - "And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have showed you, and have taught you publicly, and from house to house, testifying both to the Jews, and also to the (Gentiles), repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ."
Acts 26:19-20 - "Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:  but showed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works (demonstrate) repentance."

2 Corinthians 7:10 - "For godly sorrow (results in) repentance to salvation not to be repented of:  but the sorrow of the world (results in) death."

Hebrews 6:1-3 - "Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.  And this will we do, if God permit."

2 Peter 3:9 - "The Lord is...not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

BECAUSE THE SAVED STILL COMMIT SIN, WE STILL NEED TO REPENT!

Romans 7:22-25 - "For I delight in the Law of God after the inward man:  but I see another law in my members, warring against the Law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.  O wretched man that I am!  Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?  I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord.  So then with the mind I myself serve the Law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin."

1 John 1:8-10 - "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.  If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His Word is not in us."

THESE THINGS WRITE TO THE SEVEN CHURCHES OF ASIA!

Revelation 2:5 - "Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent."
Revelation 2:16 - "Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth."
Revelation 2:21-22 - "And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented notBehold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds."
Revelation 3:3 - "Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee."
Revelation 3:19-20 - "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten:  be zealous therefore, and repentBehold, I stand at the door, and knock:  if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me."

GOD HAS A SPECIAL PLACE IN HIS HEART FOR THE HUMBLE!
HUMILITY IS BEST SEEN IN AN ATTITUDE OF REPENTANCE!

No comments:

Post a Comment