Sunday, April 23, 2017

JESUS IS THE GREAT I AM

The LORD of the Old Testament...


*  Genesis 26:24 - And the LORD appeared unto him (Isaac) the same night, and said, I AM the God of Abraham your father:  fear not, for I AM with you, and will bless you, and multiply your seed for My servant Abraham's sake.
*  Exodus 3:6, 13-14 - Moreover He said, I AM the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God....
And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers has sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is His name?  What shall I say unto them?  And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM:  and He said, This is what you shall say unto the children of Israel, I AM has sent me unto you.

...is the Lord of the New Testament!


*  John 5:43 - I AM come in My Father's name....
*  John 6:35 - And Jesus said unto them, I AM the bread of life....
*  John 8:12 - Then spoke Jesus again unto them, saying, I AM the light of the world....
*  John 8:23 - ...I am from above:  you are of this world; I AM not of this world....
*  John 8:24 - ...if you do not believe that I am, you shall die in your sins.
*  John 8:28 - ...When you have lifted up the Son of man, then you shall know that I AM....
*  John 8:58 - ...I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.
*  John 10:7 - ...I say unto you, I AM the door of the sheep.
*  John 10:11 - I AM the good shepherd....
*  John 10:36 - Do you say of (Me)...You blaspheme; because I said, I AM the Son of God?
*  John 11:25 - ...I AM the resurrection, and the life:  he that believes in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.
*  John 13:13 - You call Me Master and Lord:  and you say well; for so I AM.
*  John 14:6 - ...I AM the way, the truth, and the life:  no man comes unto the Father, but by Me.
*  John 15:5 - I AM the vine, you are the branches....
*  John 18:4-8 - ...Whom do you seek?  They answered Him, Jesus of Nazareth.  Jesus said unto them, I AM.  And Judas also, who betrayed Him, stood with them.  As soon as He had said unto them, I AM, they went backward, and fell to the ground.  Then He asked them again, Whom do you seek?  And they said, Jesus of Nazareth.  Jesus answered, I have told you that I AM:  if therefore you seek Me, let these go their way.

JESUS STILL ASKS THE QUESTION OF US, "WHOM DO YOU SAY THAT I AM?

No comments:

Post a Comment