Saturday, August 15, 2020

THE NAME OF JESUS FOREVER!

 I AM:  THE NAME OF GOD FOREVER!

Exodus 3:13-15 - And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers has sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is His name?  What shall I say unto them?   And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and He said, This shall you say unto the children of Israel, I AM has sent me unto you.  And God said moreover unto Moses, This shall you say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me unto you:  this is My name forever, and this is My memorial unto all generations.

THE JEWS KNEW WHAT JESUS WAS SAYING!

John 8:24, 28I said therefore unto you, that you shall die in your sins:  for if you believe not that I AM he,* you shall die in your sins. . . . Then said Jesus unto them, When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then shall you know that I AM he,* and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father has taught Me, I speak these things.  

[Note: * The pronoun he is not in the Greek texts; by adding it, the translators facilitated a wrong interpretation of what Jesus was stating.  See John 13:19 as well.] 

OBSERVE THEIR REACTION! 

John 8:58-59 - Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.  Then took they up stones to cast at Him:  but Jesus hid Himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

John 18:3-8 - Judas then, having received a band of men and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, came there with lanterns and torches and weapons.  Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon Him, went forth, and said unto them, Whom do you seek?  They answered Him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus said unto them, I AM he.* And Judas also, which betrayed Him, stood with them.  As soon then as He had said unto them, I AM he,* they went backward, and fell to the ground.  Then asked He them again, Whom do you seek?  And they said, Jesus of Nazareth.  Jesus answered, I have told you that I AM he:* if therefore you seek Me, let these go their way....

JOHN 1:1, 14; 1 TIMOTHY 3:16

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. . . . And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. . . . And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:  God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment