Wednesday, March 25, 2020

THE ANSWER TO YESTERDAY'S BIBLE RIDDLE!


THE RIDDLE:

MY NAME IS IN THE BIBLE!

God made Adam out of dust, but thought it best to make me first.

So I was made before the man, according to God's holy plan.

My whole body God made complete, without arms, or hands, or legs, or feet.

My ways and acts did God control, but in my body He placed no soul.

A living being I became and God had Adam give me a name.

But in his presence I did not go, for this man Adam I did not know.

All my Maker's laws I do obey, and from these laws I never stray.

Thousands of me go in fear, but seldom on the earth appear.

Later, for a purpose God did see, He placed a living soul in me.

But that soul of mine God had to claim, and from me took it back again.

And when this soul from me had fled, I was the same as when first made.

Without arms, legs, feet, or soul, I travel on from pole to pole.

My labors are from day to night, and to men I once furnished light.

Thousands of people both young and old, did by my death bright light behold.

No right or wrong can I conceive, the Bible's teachings I can't believe.

The fear of death doesn't trouble me, pure happiness I will never see.

And up in heaven I can never go, not in the grave or hell below.

So get your Bible and read with care, you'll find my name recorded there. 


CLUE:  The answer is one word, five letters long,
and is mentioned a total of four times in the
King James Version Old and New Testaments. 


THE ANSWER:


Genesis 1:21 - (Day Five) And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Job 7:12 - Am I a sea, or a whale, that Thou settest a watch over me?

Ezekiel 32:2 - Son of man, take up a lamentation for Pharaoh king of Egypt, and say unto him, Thou art like a young lion of the nations, and thou art as a whale in the seas:  and thou camest forth with thy rivers, and troubledst the waters with thy feet, and fouledst their rivers.

Matthew 12:38-41 - (Prophecy) Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from Thee.  But He (Jesus) answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas (Jonah):  for as Jonas (Jonah) was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.  The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it:  because they repented at the preaching of Jonas (Jonah); and, behold, a greater than Jonas (Jonah) is here.

1 Corinthians 15:1-6 - (Prophecy fulfilled) Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the Gospel which I preached unto you, which also you have received, and wherein you stand; by which also you are saved . . . . For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the (Prophetic) Scriptures; and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the (Prophetic) Scriptures:  and that He was seen of Cephas (by Peter), then of the twelve (by the remaining eleven of the twelve):  after that, He was seen of above (by more than) five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present (are still living), but some are fallen asleep (have died).


I HOPE THIS BROUGHT JOY, AND ALSO SOME
DISTRACTION FROM THIS WORLDS INSANITY!



No comments:

Post a Comment