Thursday, January 23, 2020

THE "READER'S DIGEST VERSION" OF JOHN CHAPTER NINE!


A MAN WHO NOT ONLY RECEIVED HIS SIGHT,
BUT HE SAW WHAT HIS NEIGHBORS DID NOT!

John Chapter Nine:  The Highlights (in my words).


And as Jesus passed by, He saw a man who was blind from his birth.  And Jesus spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and He anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay, and said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam.  And he went and washed, and was healed of his blindness.  When his neighbors asked him how he received his sight, he said, A man who is called Jesus made clay, and anointed my eyes, and said unto me, Go to the pool of Siloam, and wash: and I went and washed, and I received my sight.

His neighbors took him to the religious leaders, the Pharisees, who also asked him how he had received his sight.  He told them, Jesus had put clay upon my eyes, and I washed, and do see.  The Pharisees asked him,  What is your opinion of Him Who opened your eyes?  He said, He is a prophet.

But the Pharisees did not believe he had been blind and received his sight, so they called his parents and they asked them, Is this your son, who you say was born blind?  If so, how does he now see?  His parents answered them and said, We know that this is our son, and that he was born blind, but how he now sees, we do not know; he is of age; ask him.  His parents said this because they feared them, for the religious leaders had already warned that if any man did declare that Jesus was the Christ, he would be put out of the synagogue.

Again they called the man that was blind, and said unto him, Give God the praise:  we know that this Jesus is a sinner.  He answered, Whether He is a sinner or not, I do not know, but one thing I do know:  I was blind, and now I see.  They asked him again, What did He do to you?  How did he open your eyes?  He answered them, I have told you already, and you did not listen:  why would you hear it again?  Will you also become His disciplesAnd they cast him out.

When Jesus heard that they had cast him out, He found him, and He asked him, Do you believe in the Son of GodHe answered and said, Who is He, Lord, that I might believe in Him?  And Jesus said to him, You have both seen Him, and it is He Who is now talking with you.  And he said, Lord, I believe.  And he worshipped Him.


WHEN HE SAW THAT JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD,
HE RESPONSED THE SAME AS BELIEVERS TODAY:
HE WORSHIPPED HIM AS HIS LORD AND SAVIOR!






No comments:

Post a Comment