Tuesday, July 28, 2020

FEAR NOT!


WORDS OF COMFORT TO THE BELIEVER!

John 3:16-18For God so loved the world, that He gave His Only Begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through (faith in) Him might be saved.  He that believes in Him is not condemned:  but he that does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the Only Begotten Son of God.

John 14:1-6 - Let not your heart be troubled:  you believe in God, believe also in Me.  In My Father's house are many mansions (dwelling places; eternal homes):  if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto Myself; that where I AM, there you may be also.  And where I am going you know, and the way you know.  Thomas said unto Him, Lord, we do not know where you are going; and how can we know the way?  Jesus said unto him, I AM the way, I AM the truth, and I AM the life:  no man comes unto the Father, but by (faith in) Me.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 - But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have died, that you sorrow not, even as others who have no hope.  For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so those also who died believing in Jesus will God bring with Him.  For this we say unto you by the Word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not precede* those believers who have died.  For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:  and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:  and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

* Note:  The order of the Resurrection is found in 1 Corinthians 15:17-23.

No comments:

Post a Comment