Friday, October 30, 2020

DIFFERENT FOLKS HAVE DIFFERENT TASTES!

 LIFE IS INTERESTING!

I have written over four thousand posts on this blog, and, thankfully, few receive a negative response.  I believe the main reasons are two:  first, I honestly believe the Lord directs my thinking (at least most of thetime); and secondly, ninety-plus percent are entirely compilations of a doctrinal teaching from the Word of God, and are therefore totally written using Scripture.  I have found that when I add something to the material, it becomes less of God's Word and is somewhat tainted by mine.  Those truly interested in reading what is posted have, for the most part, been appreciative of my showing my Bible references supporting the idea being discussed.  

Much to my surprise, a woman said she occasionally read my blog, and that she preferred those in which I wrote a story, personal struggles, personal background, etc.  I love her dearly as she is a relative of mine, and I wish I had this thought while we were still on the phone:  those things focus upon me, and the purpose of my blog is to focus upon Jesus; she and I could tell stories, share biographical details, or whatever, on the phone or in person.  However, as is usually the case with a seventy-eight year old brain, it was hours later that the thought arrived!  

That all being said, I would like to close with a short passage of Scripture that describes life on earth just prior to the Rapture (the pre-tribulational removal of believers in Christ).  You will likely recognized it as what is happening today in our nation!

2 TIMOTHY 3:1-5

[1] This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. [2] For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,  [3] Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, [4] Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; [5] Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

No comments:

Post a Comment