Monday, October 19, 2020

THE WORK OF THE SPIRIT ON THE SAVED AND THE LOST!

THE NEW BIRTH IS THE WORK OF GOD! 

John 3:1-2 - There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:  the same came to Jesus by night, and said unto Him, Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God:  for no man can do these miracles that You do, except God be with him.

John 3:3 - Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

John 3:4 - Nicodemus said unto Him, How can a man be born when he is old?  Can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

John 3:5-8 - Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a man be born of water (the "water" of the womb, a physical birth) and of the Spirit (of the Holy Spirit), he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.  That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.  Marvel not that I said unto you, You must be born again.  The wind blows where it listeth (it wills, wants, chooses) and you hear the sound thereof, but can not tell whence it cometh (from where it comes), and whither it goeth (and where it goes): so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

THE HOLY SPIRIT IS GOD!

Acts 5:1-2 - But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession, and kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

Acts 5:3-4 - But Peter said, Ananias, why has Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost (Holy Spirit), and to keep back part of the price of the land?
[4] While it remained, was it not your own?  And after it was sold, was it not in your own power?  Why have you conceived this thing in your heart?  You have not lied unto men, but unto God.

THE HOLY SPIRIT AS THE COMFORTER!

John 14:16-20 - And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you forever; even the Spirit of truth; Whom the world cannot receive, because it sees Him not, neither knows Him:  but you know Him; for He dwells with you, and shall be in you.  I will not leave you comfortless:  I will come to you.  Yet a little while, and the world sees Me no more; but you see Me:  because I live, you shall live also.
[20] At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

THE HOLY SPIRIT AS CONVICTER!

John 16:7-11 - Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send Him unto you.  And when He is come, He will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:  of sin, because they believe not on Me; of righteousness, because I go to My Father, and you see Me no more; of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

ONE QUESTION:
ARE YOU LED BY THE SPIRIT,
OR ARE YOU CONVICTED OF
YOUR LIFESTYLE BY HIM?


No comments:

Post a Comment