Thursday, November 1, 2018

THE GOSPEL: THE ONLY MESSAGE THAT CAN SAVE THE LOST!


PETER'S EYEWITNESS ACCOUNT!
HE'S ALIVE!


          The gates and doors were barred
          And all the windows fastened down
          I spent the night in sleeplessness
          And rose at every sound
          Half in hope of sorrow
          And half in fear the day
          Would find the soldiers breakin' through
          To drag us all away
          And just before the sunrise
          I heard something at the wall
          The gate began to rattle
          And a voice began to call
          I hurried to the window
          Looked down into the street
          Expecting swords and torches
          And the sound of soldiers' feet
          But there was no one there but Mary
          So I went down to let her in
          John stood there beside me
          As she told me where she'd been
          She said they've moved Him in the night
          And none of us know where
          The stone's been rolled away
          And now His body isn't there
          We both ran towards the garden
          Then John ran on ahead
          We found the stone and empty tomb
          Just the way that Mary said
          But the winding sheet they wrapped Him in
          Was just an empty shell
          And how or where they'd taken Him
          Was more than I could tell
          Oh something strange had happened there
          Just what I did not know
          John believed a miracle
          But I just turned to go
          Circumstance and speculation
          Couldn't lift me very high
          'Cause I'd seen them crucify Him
          Then I saw Him die
          Back inside the house again
          The guilt and anguish came
          Everything I'd promised Him
          Just added to my shame
          When at last it came to choices
          I denied I knew His name
          And even if He was alive
          It wouldn't be the same
          But suddenly the air was filled
          With a strange and sweet perfume
          Light that came from everywhere
          Drove shadows from the room
          And Jesus stood before me
          With His arms held open wide
          And I fell down on my knees
          And I just clung to Him and cried
          Then He raised me to my feet
          And as I looked into His eyes
          The love was shining out from Him
          Like sunlight from the skies
          Guilt in my confusion
          Disappeared in sweet release
          And every fear I ever had
          Just melted into peace
                          He's alive yes He's alive
                          Yes He's alive and I'm forgiven
                          Heaven's gates are open wide
                          He's alive yes He's alive
                          Oh He's alive and I'm forgiven
                          Heaven's gates are open wide
                          He's alive He's alive
                          Hallelujah He's alive
                          He's alive and I'm forgiven
                          Heaven's gates are open wide
                          He's alive He's alive He's alive
                              He's alive - - - - - - - Jesus is alive!

DENY AT YOUR OWN RISK!



No comments:

Post a Comment