Wednesday, February 13, 2019

WHAT MUST I DO TO BE SAVED?


THE MESSAGE OF THE GOSPEL OF JOHN:
BELIEVE AND BE SAVED!

[ALL SCRIPTURE IS PRESENTED AS I UNDERSTAND IT!]

Note:  The word "believe" appears in its various forms, 340 times in the King James Version; forty percent of them are found in the Gospel of John!  Here are a few examples:

John 1:1, 3, 11-14 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  All things were made by Him; and without Him was not anything made that was made.  He was in the world, and the world was made by Him, and the world did not know Him.  He came unto His own people (the Jews), and His own people rejected Him.  But as many as accepted Him, to them gave He power to become the children of God, even to those who believed on His name (Jesus means Jehovah saves; Emmanuel means God is with us):  who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 3:14-18And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness (Num. 21:4-9), even so must the Son of man (Jesus, the Son of God, identified Himself as the Son of man) be lifted up:  that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.  For God so loved the world, that He gave His Only Begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved.  He that believes on Him is not condemned: but he that does not believe, is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the Only Begotten Son of God.

John 6:28-29 - Then they asked Jesus, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God  Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that you believe on Him (on Me)Whom He (the Father) has sent.

John 8:24-29I said therefore unto you, that you shall die in your sins:  for if you do not believe that I AM (the word "he" is not in the Greek text - see Ex. 3:14) you shall die in your sins.  Then they asked Him, Who are You?  And Jesus said unto them, Even the Same that I said unto you from the beginning.  I have many things to say and to judge you:  but He Who sent Me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard from Him.  They did not understand that He spoke to them of the Father.  Then said Jesus unto them, When you have lifted up the Son of man (crucified Me), then you shall know that I AM (same as above), and that I do nothing of My own volition; but as My Father has taught Me, I speak these things.  And He that sent Me is with Me:  the Father has not left Me alone; for I do always those things that please Him.

John 9:35-38Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when He had found him, He said unto him, Do you believe on the Son of God?  He answered and said, Who is He, Lord, that I might believe on Him?  And Jesus said unto him, You have both seen Him, and it is He Who talks with you.  And he said, Lord, I believe.  And he worshipped Him.

John 11:25-27 - Jesus said unto Martha, I AM the Resurrection, and I AM the Life:  he that believes in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:  and whosoever lives and believes in Me shall never die.  Do you believe this?  She said unto Him, Yes, Lord:  I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, Who should come into the world.

John 12:44-45Jesus cried and said, He that believes on Me, believes not just on Me, but on Him Who sent Me.  And he that sees Me, sees Him Who sent Me.

John 13:18-19 - I speak not of you all:  I know whom I have chosen:  but that the Scripture may be fulfilled, He that eats bread with Me has lifted up his heel against Me.  Now I tell you before it happens, that when it has come to pass, you may believe that I AM (see Jn. 8 above).

John 20:29-31 - Jesus said unto him, Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed: blessed are those who have not seen, and yet have believedAnd many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book:  but these are written, that you might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you might have life through His name.


JESUS:  CREATOR, SAVIOR, AND LORD!
HE IS COMING SOON TO GATHER BELIEVERS!
TRUST HIM AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR TODAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment