Tuesday, September 6, 2011

AM I SAVED (PRESENT TENSE)?

Do I see myself, apart from Christ, as a guilty sinner condemned before a holy and righteous God (Rom. 3:10-19, 23)? Do I see myself, apart from Christ, as deserving of death and hell (Rom. 6:23)? Do I realize, apart from Christ, that God, the Righteous One, would be forced to give me what I deserve, and repay me for the way I have lived; that I would be sentenced to eternity in the lake of fire (Rev. 20:15)?

Do I recognize that I can not trust my own heart because it is deceitfully wicked (Mk. 7:21-23; Jer. 17:9)? Do I recognize that I can not trust my own efforts to save myself (Titus 3:5)? Do I realize that there is absolutely no religious system that can save my soul (Jer. 17:5)? Do I recognize that my righteousness and my goodness fall far short of the righteousness that God requires and demands (Rom. 3:10-12; 1 Cor. 6:9-10)? Do I realize that, apart from Christ, I can never be acceptable to God (Isa. 64:6)?

Do I believe that Jesus Christ is God’s solution to my sin problem (Acts 4:12)? Do I recognize Him as the only way to God (Jn. 14:6), the only Door to salvation (Jn. 10:9), the only Savior for me as a sinner (Matt. 1:21), and the only One who can give me eternal life (Jn. 10:28; 17:3)? Do I understand that Jesus Christ is God (Jn. 1:1-3), and that He came as a man in order to save me (Jn. 1:14; 3:17; Phil. 2:5-8; 1 Tim. 1:15)? Am I convinced that He loved me even when I was a sinner (Jn. 3:16; Rom. 5:8), and that He died and rose again to save my soul (Rom. 4:25)? Am I totally persuaded that the Lord Jesus died on the cross for my sins, and that, out of love for me, He died in my place, paying the full penalty for my sins (Isa. 53:6; 2 Cor. 5:21; 1 Pet. 3:18)?

Am I trusting in Him, and in Him alone, to save me (Acts 16:31)? Have I come to Him in simple, child-like faith (Matt. 11:28; Jn. 6:35, 37)? Have I, by faith, personally received the Lord Jesus Christ as my Savior (Jn. 1:12)? Am I entirely resting on Him (Jn. 8:24), on what He has done (1 Cor. 15:3-4), and on what He has said (John 6:47)? Do I believe that He is able to completely save all those who come unto God through Him, including me (Heb. 7:25)? Do I believe the statement of Christ found in John 5:24? Is John 3:16 true of me? Have I ever shared with others that Jesus Christ is my Savior (Matt. 10:32; Rom. 10:9-10)? Am I able to say from my heart: “My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus’ blood and righteousness. I dare not trust the sweetest frame but wholly lean on Jesus’ Name. On Christ the solid Rock I stand—all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand!” [Edward Mote]?

Another helpful question that I can ask myself is this: If I were to die today and stand before God and He should ask me, “Why should I allow you to enter My holy heaven?” Could I honestly say to God, "You shouldn't, but I believe what Your Word says about Your love for me expressed in Your Son's death, burial and resurrection. You have made me acceptable in Him."?

IF YOU COULD ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS WITH A "YES," I HAVE GOOD NEWS FOR YOU! YOU ARE A BELIEVER! YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD! NOW LIVE LIKE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment