Nebuchadnezzar's Dream from Daniel Chapter Two
"This image's (1) head was of fine gold, (2) his breast and his arms of silver, (3) his belly and his thighs of brass, (4) his legs of iron, (5-6) his feet part of iron and part of clay. Thou sawest till that (7) a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces. Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth." (v. 32-35).
Daniel's Interpretation of Nebuchadnezzar's Dream
(1) "...Thou art this head of gold" (v. 38 - Babylon).
(2) "And after thee shall arise another kingdom" (silver - v. 39 - Medo-Persia, see 5:38).
(3) "...and another third kingdom of brass..." (brass - v. 39 - Greece, see 10:20).
(4) "And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron..." (v. 40 - Rome, see 9:26 w/ 11:2).
(5-6) "And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay..." (v. 41 - "the prince to come" out of the people who destroy Jerusalem and the Temple - New Rome, see 9:25-27 - a.k.a. the "beast" of Rev.13:1-10; Mt. 24:15; Dan. 9:27; 11:31; 12:11; and the "antichrist" of 1 Jn. 2:18).
(7) "And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever. Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure" (v. 44-45 - Jesus Second Coming and the Millennial Kingdom - Mt. 21:42; Rev. 20:1-15).
The Stone Identified
"Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said unto them, Ye rulers of the people, and elders of Israel, if we this day be examined of the good deed done to the impotent man, by what means he is made whole; be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by Him doth this man stand here before you whole. This is the Stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:8-12).
We can either stand upon the Stone, or be crushed by Him!