* Part of the sixth seal - "And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood" (Rev. 6:12).
* Following the seventh seal - "And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake" (Rev. 8:5).
* Following the sixth trump (2nd Woe)"And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven" (Rev. 11:13).
* Following the seventh trump - "And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail (Rev. 11:19).
* Following the seventh vial - "And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great" (Rev. 16:18).
The most significant earthquake, the one I am describing as the "Grand Finale," the one not specifically mentioned by John, the one which the Word of God does not describe as "great" or even as an earthquake, has to do with Christ's Second Coming! Of course, that is just what one would expect when one is familiar with the humility of Christ! It is found in the Book of Zechariah:
"And His feet shall stand in that day upon the Mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the East, and the Mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the East and toward the West, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the North, and half of it toward the South" (Zech. 14:4).
Seven years after the Church "splits heaven wide open,"
Jesus is going to do "some splitting" of His own!