Saturday, August 29, 2015

WHY SHOULD BELIEVERS STUDY PROPHECY?

God does not want His children to be ignorant (Rom. 11:25; 1 Th. 4:13).  God does not want His children to be gullible (Mt. 7:15; 24:4-5, 11; Jn. 8:44; 2 Cor. 11:3).  God does not want His children to be fearful (Rom. 8:35-39; 1 Th. 4:18). 

"For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob" (Rom. 11:25-26).

"To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ; Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices" (2 Cor. 2:10-11).

"But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with Him" (1 Th. 4:13-14).

"And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: FOR THE TESTIMONY OF JESUS IS THE SPIRIT OF PROPHECY" (Rev. 19:10).

It is impossible for born again believers to be silent about their Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!  We have to tell people, or we feel we will explode if we don't!  Our baptism is a public profession of our faith in His death, burial, and Resurrection!  When we take the Lord's Supper, we proclaim His death on behalf of the world, until He returns:

"For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which He was betrayed took bread:  and when He had given thanks, He brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is My body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of Me.  After the same manner also He took the cup, when He had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in My blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of Me.  For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till He come" (1 Cor. 11:23-26).

No comments:

Post a Comment