Tuesday, October 30, 2018

BIBLE PROPHECY!


THE HOLY TRINITY
John 16:1-15 - All True Prophecy is from God!

These things have I [Jesus] spoken unto you, that you should not be offended.  They shall put you out of the synagogues:  yes, the time will come, that whosoever kills you will think that he does God [The Father] service.  And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor Me.  But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, you may remember that I told you of them.  And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.  But now I [Jesus] go My way to Him [The Father] Who sent Me; and none of you asks Me, Where are You going?  But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow has filled your heart.  Nevertheless, I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away:  for if I go not away, the Comforter [The Holy Spirit] will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send Him unto you.  And when He is come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:  of sin, because they believe not in Me; of righteousness, because I go to My Father, and you see Me no more; of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.  I have yet many things to say unto you, but you cannot bear them now.  However, when He, the Spirit [The Holy Spirit] of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth:  for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak:  and He will show you things to come.  He [The Holy Spirit] shall glorify Me [Jesus]:  for He shall receive of mine, and shall show it unto you.  All things that the Father [The Father] has are Mine:  therefore said I, that He shall take of mine, and shall show it unto you.


THE IMPORTANCE OF BIBLE PROPHECY!

Prophecy warns unbelievers.  The future for unbelievers is not a happy one. Death and judgment await them. The wicked are warned about the future again and again. 

Prophecy comforts believers.  Their future is bright and happy. The Bible gives strength to live by and comfort to die by. A believer can bravely face death because he knows what God has said about the future.

Prophecy proves that God’s Word is true.  No prophecy in the Bible has ever failed. Everything that God has said about the future has come to pass or will come to pass. 

Prophecy gives us a true picture of the world’s problems.  As we look at our world, we see wars and crime and sin and sickness and all kinds of problems. Without the Bible, these things would trouble and disturb us. But God’s Word helps us to understand why these things are so, and how they will come to an end.

Prophecy helps us to know what to expect.   A person would be upset and troubled by the spiral into chaos seen in this sin-sick world today, if Jesus had not told His followers of it.

Prophecy increases our understanding of the Bible A large part, over twenty-five percent of the Bible is prophecy. If a person does not correctly understand prophecy, then he will not truly understand the Bible. 

Prophecy helps us to know God’s will. If I never learn what the Bible says about the future, then I will not know what God’s purpose is for my world and for my life.

Prophecy helps the believer to walk with God.  You cannot walk with God unless you know which way God is moving. 

Prophecy stirs and stimulates us to live a holy and righteous life.  The better we understand the future, the better we will walk with God today. If I really believe that Christ could come at any time, it should make a difference in how I live! 

Prophecy helps us to help others.  Our unsaved friends do not understand what is going on in the world, and to them, the future is dark and unknown. We have the answers that they need! We can say, "Let me show you what God says about that." The Jewish people face great persecution and horrible terrorist attacks. But because Bible prophecy tells us God is not through with Israel as His  chosen people, we can, and we should, stand with them!


THE HOLY SPIRIT IS THE AUTHOR OF GOD'S WORD!
2 Timothy 3:15-16; 2 Peter 1:21

And that from a child you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.  All Scripture is given by inspiration of God [God-breathed], and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and for instruction in righteousness - - - For prophecy came not in old time by the will of man:  but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.





No comments:

Post a Comment