Thursday, October 18, 2018

THE GOSPEL OF PETER AND PAUL!



THE GOSPEL WHICH HAS THE POWER OF GOD TO SAVE THE LOST SOUL!
[My understanding of the passages presented below.]

Romans 1:16-17 - The Apostle Paul wrote:  For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ:  for it has the power of God to save all who believe it; both the Jew, and also the Gentile.  For therein is the righteousness of God revealed to produce faith:  and having produced faith, it continues to help the believer live by faith.

1 Corinthians 15:1-6 - Brothers and sisters-in-Christ, I declare unto you the Gospel which I preached to you, which also you believed, on which you stand; and by which also you are saved . . . for I declared to you first of all, that which I also received, how Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day as the prophetic Scriptures said He would:  and that He was seen alive by Peter, then by the other apostles:  and after that, He was see alive by more than five hundred believers at one time, most of whom are still living but a few have already died.  

SOME EXAMPLES OF THE GOSPEL MESSAGE BEING PROCLAIMED!

Acts 2:22-32 - Men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by Him in the midst of you, as you yourselves know:  Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, you have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:  Whom God has raised up from the dead, because it was not possible that He could be held by it.
       For David spoke concerning Him saying, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for He is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:  therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:  because You will not leave my soul in hell, neither will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption.  You have made known to me the ways of life; You shall make me full of joy by Your countenance.
       Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his grave is known to us, even to this day.  Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, He would raise up Christ to sit on His throne; he seeing this before spoke of the resurrection of Christ, that His soul was not left in hell, neither His flesh did see corruption.  This Jesus has God raised up, and we all are witnesses.


Acts 5:30-31 - The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, Whom you killed by having Him Crucified.  It is He Whom God has highly exalted having Him seated at His right hand to be both Prince and Savior,  and giving Israel the desire to repent, because of His forgiveness of mankind's sins.

Acts 13:26-39 - Men and brethren, children of Abraham, and whosoever among you who fears God:  to you is the word of salvation sent.  For those who dwell in Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they did not recognize Him, nor remember the words of the prophets which are read every Sabbath day, they have fulfilled them in condemning Him.  And though they found no justification to put Him to death, yet they insisted that Pilate should have Him crucified.
       And when they had fulfilled all that was written of Him by the prophets, they took Him down from the cross, and laid His body in a grave.  But God raised Him from the dead:  and He was seen many days by those who with Him from Galilee to Jerusalem, and who are His witnesses to the people.  And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers, God has revealed unto us, their children, in that He has raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in Psalm 2:7, You are My Son, this day have I begotten You.
       And as concerning the fact that He raised Him up from the dead, no more to return to face corruption, He said this:  I will give you the sure mercies of David.  David also said in another Psalm, You shall not allow Your Holy One to see corruption.  For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, died, and he was buried with his fathers, and saw corruption:  but Jesus, Whom God raised again, saw no corruption.
       Be it known unto you, therefore, men and brethren, that through Jesus, we preach to you the forgiveness of sins:  and by Him, all who believe are justified from all things, from which you could not be justified by the Law of Moses.


Acts 26:1-20 - King Agrippa said unto Paul, you are permitted to speak for yourself.  Then Paul said, I am happy, king Agrippa, because I shall answer for myself this day before you touching all the things whereof I am accused of the Jews:  especially because I know you to be expert in all customs of the Jews:  therefore, I plead with you to hear me patiently.
       My faithful manner of life, from my youth, was known by all the Jews; who knew me from the beginning, if they were asked, they would testify that I lived according to the strictest sect of our religion, that of a Pharisee.  And now I stand and am judged for my faith in the promise made by God unto our fathers:  Whom I serve day and night, waiting for my Hope to come for which I am accused of the Jews.  Why should it be thought incredible that God should raise the dead?
       So, I thought that I ought to do many things to stamp out the name of Jesus of Nazareth.  Which things I did in Jerusalem:  and I locked up many of the saints in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I testified against them.  And I punished them in every synagogue, and compelled them to blaspheme; and being exceedingly outraged by them, I persecuted them, even in Gentile cities.  And I went to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests,
       But at midday, O king, I saw a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and those who journeyed with me. 
And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why do you persecute Me?  It is hard for you to kick against the pricks (to resist the conviction of the Holy Spirit).
       And I said, Who are You, Lord?  And He said, I am Jesus Whom You persecute.  But rise, and stand upon your feet:  for I have appeared unto you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness of both these things which you have seen, and of those things which I will reveal to you; delivering you from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom I now send you, to open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and an inheritance among those who are saved by faith in Me.
       Therefore, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:  but preached to those in Damascus, and in Jerusalem, and throughout all of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works that show you have repented.

No comments:

Post a Comment