Monday, October 22, 2018

TO KNOW HIM IS TO LOVE HIM!

  JESUS:  THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE!
JOHN 1:1-3, 10-14 
[1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
[2] The same was in the beginning with God.
[3] All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made.
[10] He was in the world, and the world was made by Him, and the world knew Him not.
[11] He came unto His own, and His own received Him not.
[12] But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to    them that believe on His name:
[13] Who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
[14] And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.



JESUS:  THE SACRIFICIAL LAMB OF GOD!
JOHN 1:29-36
[29] The next day John saw Jesus coming unto him, and said, Behold the Lamb of God, Who takes away the sin of the world.
[30] This is He of Whom I said, After me comes a man which is preferred before me:  for He was before me.
[31] And I knew Him not:  but that He should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.
[32] And John bore record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon Him.
[33] And I knew Him not:  but He that sent me to baptize with water, the Same said unto me, Upon Whom you shall see the Spirit descending, and remaining on Him, the Same is He Who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.
[34] And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.
[35] Again the next day after John stood, and two of his disciples;
[36] And looking upon Jesus as He walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!


JESUS:  RESURRECTED LORD AND MASTER!
JOHN 20:18-31
[18] Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that He had spoken these things unto her.
[19] Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and said unto them, Peace be unto you.
[20] And when He had so said, He showed unto them His hands and His side.  Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.
[21] Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you:  as My Father has sent Me, even so send I you.
[22] And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said unto them, Receive the Holy Spirit:
[23] Whose sins you remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose sins you retain, they are retained.
[24] But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.
[25] The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord.  But he said unto them, Except I shall see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into His side, I will not believe.
[26] And after eight days, again His disciples were within, and Thomas was with them:  then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
[27] Then He said to Thomas, reach hither your finger, and behold My hands; and reach hither your hand, and thrust it into My side:  and be not faithless, but believing.
[28] And Thomas answered and said unto Him, My Lord and my God.
[29] Jesus said unto him, Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed:  blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
[30] And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book:
[31] But these are written, that you might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you might have life through His name.



JOHN PRESENTS JESUS CHRIST AS THE SON OF GOD
WHO WILLINGLY SACRIFICED HIMSELF 
TO PAY FOR THE SINS OF MANKIND!

THOSE WHO TRULY BELIEVE IN HIM, 
KNOW HIM AS THEIR LORD AND THEIR GOD!




No comments:

Post a Comment