Monday, January 4, 2010

THE BALL IS IN YOUR COURT

"For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures; and He was seen of Cephas, then the twelve. After that, He was seen of above five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain unto this present time, but some are fallen asleep. After that, He was seen of James; then, of all the apostles. And last of all He was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time."
(1 Corinthians 15:3-7)

If you were to go before a judge having that many witnesses to anything, you would certainly win your case. It amazes me that so many still deny that Jesus rose from the dead. Many false explanations have been suggested to explain it away. The swoon theory, the stolen body theory, the mass hallucination theory, and of course, the "they lied" theory, have all been used to argue with me as I witness to the lost. I could take the time to argue each point, but as soon as I defeated one theory, another would be used to reject the truth. I have come to the conclusion that it is better to present the truth and leave it to the Holy Spirit to wrestle with the hearts of those who desperately need to deny Jesus as Lord, so that they can continue to live as they wish.

Nature declares God's existence but man has decided to attribute nature to a mother rather than to the Father. Isn't it strange that no one finds the concept of "mother nature" difficult to accept, but to believe the Bible that God is our Creator is lunacy to non-believers? "The Big Bang," "String Theory," "Plasma Theory," coupled with the Theory of Evolution, serve to protect man from the idea that each will one day face God. If they accept the Bible, they are accountable and answerable to their Maker. It scares them; it should.

I believe the Bible is truth. The reason I believe it is because the Author has spoken to me in my most difficult times. He has moved in circumstances to achieve an outcome according to my prayers. He has protected me from false accusations by pricking the conscience of my accusers, and they recanted. He has changed my heart from being an atheist, to being a believer who wants, more than anything, to please Him. My human nature would say and do things that are evil and destructive, if it were not for His Spirit "whispering in my ear." I have not "arrived," but I will be like Jesus (1 John 3:2). I will spend eternity with the God Who loves me as much as He loves His only begotten Son (John 17:23).

Unfortunately, if you do not believe the Bible, do not see God as Creator of the universe, and cannot accept my personal experience with Him, there is nothing more I can do to convince you. It is your decision to make. It is your conscience which must be ignored. All I can do, I have done. Now, it is up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment