Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I WILL ALWAYS BE

"John, to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from Him Who is, and Who was, and Who is to come...I Am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, Who is, and Who was, and Who is to come, the Almighty" (Revelation 1:4, 8). "And the four living creatures had each of them six wings about him, and they were full of eyes within; and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty, Who was, and is, and is to come" (Revelation 4:8). The Lord, through the Apostle John, is saying to us in the final book of the Bible, "Fear not! The same God Who demonstrated His great love for us throughout history, and Who is directing me to write concerning the future, will be there through it all!" The words of a song fill my heart as I write this. "Through it all. Through it all. I have learned to trust in Jesus. I have learned to trust in God."

"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever" (Hebrews 13:8). The Father is eternal (Deuteronomy 33:27; Romans 1:20). The Holy Spirit is God and therefore eternal (Acts 5:3-4; Hebrews 9:14). And, Jesus is eternal (Psalm 102:27; Isaiah 9:6-7; Luke 1:33). God does not change, ever (Malachi 3:6). God cannot lie (Titus 1:2). It has been a while since I heard someone say, "God said it; I believe it; and that settles it!" Perhaps we all need to say that more often. In a world that no longer believes in absolutes, we stand out by saying that the Bible is absolute truth. To the world, we appear as fools, dreamers who "need to get a life." Ironic, isn't it? Believers in Christ are the only ones who actually have a life, and it is abundant, and it is forever!

"In my Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you unto Myself, that where I am, there ye may be also" (John 14:2-3). It would seem unnecessary to have to say this, but it is possible that not everyone reading this post has placed their trust in Jesus Christ. Faith is a gift (grace) from God, and by accepting Jesus as Lord, believing that God raised Him from the dead, and declaring your faith to others, you are born again as a child of God (Ephesians 2:8-9; Romans 10:9-10; John 3:3-17). When we accept Jesus, we become part of His body, we are in Him, and since He is eternal, we possess eternal life (1 Corinthians 12:27; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Galatians 3:26; 1 John 5:2.) After all, it is impossible for someone to give you something they do not possess themselves. My favorite verse is 1 John 3:2, which says, "Beloved, now are we the children of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be, but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is. Yes, now we know we shall be like Him!

It is my sincere hope that every person reading this post will take the time to look up the references! Believers will be encouraged, and skeptics will know that I have accurately represented the Word of God (Acts 17:11 - They checked out the Apostle Paul, so obviously readers should always verify what I say.)

No comments:

Post a Comment