Sunday, October 2, 2011

MY DECLARATION OF DEPENDENCE

As a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, and based upon the facts of God’s Word, I DECLARE MY FREEDOM (Jn. 8:36). My liberty is seen in three realms:

1) Having once belonged to the god of this age (2 Cor. 4:4), I HAVE BEEN DELIVERED from the power of his darkness, "into His marvelous light" (1 Pet. 2:9). I have been translated into the kingdom of God’s beloved Son (Col. 1:13), being turned from the power of Satan unto God (Acts 26:18).

2) Concerning my relationship to this world system, my Savior gave Himself for me that He might deliver and rescue me from this present evil world (age), according to the will of God my Father (Gal. 1:4).

3) Concerning the terrible slavery of sin, the Scriptures declare that though I once was the slave of sin, I am now the servant of God (Rom. 6:17-22). I am now subject to the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus, making me free from the law of sin and death (Rom. 8:2).

The source of my liberty is found in the cross of my Lord Jesus Christ in which I truly boast (Gal. 6:14). The cross is my "Statue of Liberty," as it were. It was there that my soul was set free. In Christ’s death I died, and in Christ’s life, I now live (Rom. 6:4). Based on the unchanging facts of God’s Word, I joyfully declare myself to be dead indeed unto sin, and alive unto God in Jesus Christ my Lord (Rom. 6:11). I am not free to live as I please, but I AM FREE TO SERVE CHRIST and do as He pleases (Gal. 2:20).

My Declaration was not written by men, but written by the living God. It was not signed by men, but signed by the Lord Himself, and sealed with the blood of Christ. God has declared me to be FREE INDEED and I am to stand fast in the liberty wherewith Christ has made me free (Cal. 5:1). My Declaration is not a Declaration of Independence, but rather a "Declaration of Dependence." I declare myself to be totally DEPENDENT upon my God. Of myself, I cannot keep the law. I cannot measure up to God’s righteous standards. "How to perform that which is good I find not" (Rom. 7:18). The more I try, in and of myself, the more I fail, "for the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do" (Rom. 7:19). I therefore acknowledge that Jesus Christ is my only deliverance from my wretched self (Rom. 7:24-25).

The Lord Jesus Christ is my Vine and life source (Jn. 15:1-8). Apart from Him, I can do nothing, because HE IS MY LIFE (Col. 3:3-4). The battle is the Lord’s! He shall fight for me. The life is the Lord’s! He shall live in me (Gal. 2:20). "For to me to live is Christ" (Phil. 1:21). I can’t, but He can. Whenever I try, I fail; but whenever I trust, He succeeds. Thus, with a firm dependence upon my God, I will claim the victory which He won, and which He gives to me: "But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Cor. 15:57). From middletownbiblechurch.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment