Thursday, November 24, 2011

GIVE THANKS

Psalm 100

Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands. Serve the LORD with gladness: come before His presence with singing. Know ye that the LORD, He is God: it is He that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people, and the sheep of His pasture. Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise: be thankful unto Him, and bless His name. For the LORD is good, His mercy is everlasting; and His truth endureth to all generations.

How Great Thou Art

O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the world Thy hand hath made;
I see the stars; I hear the rolling thunder;
Thy power throughout the Universe displayed.

When through the woods and forest glades I wander,
I hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,
And hear the brook, and feel the gentle breeze;

And when I think that God His Son not sparing,
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in.
That on the cross, my burden gladly sharing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.

When Christ shall come with shouts of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy will fill my heart.
Then I shall bow in humble adoration,
And there proclaim, "My God, how great Thou art!"

Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee:
How great Thou art, how great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee:
How great Thou art, how great Thou art!

The two most obvious characteristics of a genuine believer are a humble and a grateful heart. Therefore, humble yourselves before God and give thanks for all that He has done for you! He is the reason we can honestly say, "Happy Thanksgiving!"

No comments:

Post a Comment