1. SCOFFERS. In 2 Pet. 3:3-4 we read: "That there shall come in the 'Last Days' SCOFFERS, walking after their own lusts, and saying, Where is the promise of HIS COMING? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation."
2. APOSTASY. In 2 Thes. 2:3, we are told that "THAT DAY (the Day of the Lord) shall not come, except there come a 'FALLING AWAY' first." This "Falling Away" is evidenced on every hand.
3. FALSE TEACHERS. In 2 Pet. 2:1-2 we are warned against "False Teachers" who shall privately bring in "damnable heresies." The Apostle Paul wrote to Timothy (2 Tim. 4:3-4), saying: "The time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto FABLES."
4. SPIRITUALISM. In 1 Tim. 4:1 we are warned of a departure from the faith. That in the "Latter Times" (the Last Days of this Dispensation), some shall "depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils."
5. PERILOUS TIMES. Of these times Paul told Timothy. "This know also, that in the 'LAST DAYS' Perilous Times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection (for their own offspring), truce breakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those who are good, traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; having a FORM of godliness, but denying the POWER thereof." 2 Tim. 3:1-3.
6. HEAPED UP TREASURE. In James 5:1-3, we are told that in the "LAST DAYS" there shall be a class of "rich men, " who shall have "HEAPED treasure together," and that by "FRAUD," and who shall use their ill-gotten gain in the pursuit of "pleasure" and "wantonness, " and that God will hear the cry of those who have been cheated of their just share of the profits, and will send a sore judgment upon the guilty.
7. A LAODICEAN CHURCH. In the Message to the Church of Laodicea (Rev. 3:14-20) we have a description of the last stage of the professing Church on earth, It is described as neither "hot" nor "cold," but nauseatingly lukewarm, so that Christ says He will "spue it out of His mouth." It boastingly will claim to be "rich" and "increased with goods, " and to have "need of nothing, " not even of Christ, for He will be excluded and will have to knock for admittance.
If you "hear Christ knocking, you had better invite Him in!