Wednesday, May 30, 2012

SINGING HIS PRAISES

How great is the One True God?  
*He is great enough to know exactly how many hairs are on every head, every second.  “But the very hairs of your head are all numbered” (Matt. 10:30)!  
*He is great enough to know before the creation of the world who would accept His Son.  “According as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love…” (Eph. 1:4)! 
*He is great enough to know every thought of every person in the world.  “And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually” (Gen. 6:5)!    
*He is great enough to create every creature, and then create a man who could name them all.  “And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof” (Gen. 2:19)!

                                                            HOW GREAT THOU ART
O Lord my God! When I in awesome wonder
Consider all the works Thy hand hath made.
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.
Refrain
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee;
How great Thou art, how great Thou art!
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee:
How great Thou art, how great Thou art!
Repeat Refrain:
When through the woods and forest glades I wander
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;
When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur
And hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze:
Repeat Refrain:
And when I think that God, His Son not sparing,
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;
That on the cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin:
Repeat Refrain:
When Christ shall come with shout of acclamation
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart!
Then I shall bow in humble adoration,
And there proclaim, my God, how great Thou art!

It is easy to be grateful to a great God!

No comments:

Post a Comment