* Solomon's Temple (1 Kgs. 5 - 8), which was later destroyed by Nebuchadnezzar's army, was for nearly four hundred years, the home of the Ark of the Covenant, where God revealed His Shechinah Glory (His presence).
* "Zerubbabel's & Herod's Temple" was originally built by Ezra, with the financial support of Zerubbabel, the governor of the providence of Judah, under Cyrus, King of Persia (Ezra 3:7 - 6:18). After the Greeks defeated the Persians, it was desecrated by Antiochus Epiphanes. The Jewish Feast of Chanukah celebrates the cleansing of "Zerubbabel's Temple." Over one hundred years later, King Herod the Great enlarged the Temple, which Daniel prophesied would be destroyed (Dan. 9:26), and Jesus prophesied would be destroyed following His Ascension (Mt. 24:1-2).
* Antichrist's Temple has to be built soon, in order for him to desecrate it (Dan. 9:27; 11:31; 12:11; Mt. 24:15; Rev. 13:6; etc.).
* Christ's Temple will exist during His Millennial Reign, and once again, God's Shechinah Glory will be present (Ezek. 40:1 - 43:27; Isa. 2:2-3; 56:7; etc.).
But, The Prophecy Study Bible shows from God's Word, that there is a fifth Temple, the one that exists today; the one which exists between the destruction of Herod's Temple and the time of the Antichrist's Temple: the Body of Christ is the Temple of God! The Apostle Paul wrote:
* 1 Corinthians 3:16-17 - "Know ye not that ye are the Temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the Temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the Temple of God is holy, which Temple ye are." And again in 6:19, Paul wrote, "What? know ye not that your body is the Temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?"
* 2 Corinthians 6:16 - "And what agreement hath the Temple of God with idols? For ye are the Temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people."
* Ephesians 2:20-22 - "And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; n whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy Temple in the Lord: in whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit."
There will be no Temple of the New Jerusalem (Rev. 21:22) -
". . . for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it."