Even though God is eternally Omniscient, He has chosen to reveal the truth in bits and pieces, when He determines the time is right. We are told repeatedly in the Scriptures, that some truth has been temporarily hidden from mankind (Col. 1:26-27); God's Word describes these as "mysteries":
* His kingdom - Mt. 13:11; Mk. 4:11; Lk. 8:10.
* The blindness of Israel - Rom. 11:25.
* The Gospel - Rom. 16:25; Eph. 6:19.
* His wisdom - 1 Cor. 2:7.
* His will - Eph. 1:9.
* The gift of tongues - 1 Cor. 14:2.
* The Rapture - 1 Cor. 15:51.
* Christ's suffering - Eph. 3:3, 4, 9.
* God's comfort - Col. 2:2.
* Iniquity - 2 Thes. 2:7.
* The significance of faith - 1 Tim. 3:9.
* Godliness - 1 Tim. 3:16.
* The Incarnation - 1 Tim. 3:16.
* The identity of the stars - Rev. 1:20.
* The mystery of God is finished - Rev. 10:7.
* The harlot - Rev. 17:5, 7.
As you can see from this abbreviated list, many of the mysteries have already been revealed. However, even though the majority of them are understood by born again believers, there are still a few which God will reveal in good time. An example of those things which will one day be clear, is the blinded eyes of Israel being opened when they observe the Abomination of Desolation (Dan. 9:27; 11:31; 12:11; Mt. 24:15). And, in a sense, there will always be some mystery, even for the born again believer. After all, 1 John 3:2 tells us that we will not know until we are with Him!
I long for the day I see Jesus! Maranatha!