Monday, May 4, 2015

I AM THANKFUL TO BE USED OF GOD

It is amazing to me that I am still sitting here at the computer writing my daily blog!  In 2009, I was rushed to the hospital for what turned out to be several small, and a few not-so-small, blood clots in my lungs.  I had no idea how close I was to being with my Lord and Savior!  Two pastors came to see me, and when they asked me if they could pray for me, I told them on one condition:  their prayer could only be that the Lord would provide me some kind of ministry if He was determined for me to live.  They each agreed, and after four days in the hospital, I came home with a filter in my vena cava, to prevent further clots from breaking loose from the blood pooling in my legs due to having congestive heart failure. 

Not long after, my pastor called and suggested I write a blog.  I didn't know then, nor do I now, exactly what a blog is.  He guided me through the process of "building"  my blog, and when it came time to choose the background "paper" on which it was to be "printed," I picked the one with the least amount of artwork.  The blog was to be named "skipslighthouse," and when I enlarged the one I had chosen, it turned out to be...you guessed it...a lighthouse.  The sample was so small, so I truly believe God guided my choice.  It was a confirmation.  Praise God.

Today, I am writing my 2000th "edition" of skipslighthouse.BlogSpot.com.  I have been so blessed to do the Bible study work that it takes to do most of them.  God's Word is amazing, and after forty-four years of study, I have barely scratched the surface!  Not often, but every once in a while, I will be extremely tired or not feeling well.  I have been blessed to have been allowed to print items from an excellent Bible study source:  middletownbiblechurch.org.  It has hundreds, perhaps even thousands of pages of materials on a multitude of subjects.  I highly recommend you place their site in your "favorites." 

In addition to the help of my pastor, Brian Tibbs, a fellow church member, Robert Stepp, has been a great encourager and "proof reader."  I appreciate Robert's faithfulness, and his views on many of the topics I have felt led to study.  Also, if you click on the map to the left of the text, you will see some of the many people from all over the world, whom God moved to read my "stuff."  Some has been reading it faithfully for nearly the entire time I have been writing.  I especially appreciate the person living in Mountain View, California, for being "my biggest fan."


Bottom line:  May the Jesus of the Bible be your Lord and Savior;
He has done His part to provide you with eternal life (1 Cor. 15:3-4)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment