Monday, May 18, 2015

JESUS FULFILLED THE SCRIPTURES

The Gospel of Christ's Crucifixion and Resurrection was foretold in the Scriptures

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the Gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; by which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.  For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures" (1 Cor. 15:1-4).

Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures

"My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?  Why art Thou so far from helping Me, and from the words of My roaring?"  "For dogs have compassed Me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed Me: they pierced My hands and My feet" (Ps. 22:1, 16).

"...He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed.  All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on Him the iniquity of us all" (Isa. 53:5-6).
 
He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures

"Therefore My heart is glad, and My glory rejoiceth: My flesh also shall rest in hope.  For Thou wilt not leave My soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer Thine Holy One to see corruption" (Ps. 16:9-10).

"Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for He hath torn, and He will heal us; He hath smitten, and He will bind us up.  After two days will He revive us: in the third day He will raise us up, and we shall live in His sight" (Hos. 6:1-2).

Jesus explained His Crucifixion and His Resurrection
 
"Then He said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:  ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into His glory?  And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, He expounded unto them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself" (Lk. 24:25-27).
 
 
Trust the One who was willing to die and be raised again for you!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment