Monday, October 29, 2012

GOD KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING

This is my second attempt at writing today.  My first ended with strange computer malfunctioning in which paragraphs appeared in different sized print, and the lower half began jumping up and down the page, with some of it mysteriously being in bold type.  Since this computer was purchased in July of this year, I am pretty sure it had a virus.  I ran a check on it, and it told me it was corrected.  We shall see. 
 
Just about the time I began feeling sorry for myself, the Lord reminded me that I had not prayed about the problem.  He also reminded me that compared to the tragic loss of life in Hurricane Sandy, so far, and the potential catastrophe that lies ahead for those in the Northeastern United States, focusing upon my little problems is being very self-centered and selfish! 
 
As I mentioned yesterday, the Captain of our cruise ship had changed our itinerary so that we would not be caught in the storm which has taken dozens of lives so far.  By skipping one port of call, and by high-tailing it back to the safety of Charleston, he probably saved the lives of over two thousand very nervous persons.  Instead of being frustrated with my computer, I should be thanking Him for our good fortune, and praying more for those who are still in harm's way.
 
I am beginning to think that I am far less "spiritual" than one would expect of one who has been a born again believer for forty-one years!    In fact, I am certain that, in comparison to most believers my "age," I am a picture of a stunted spiritual growth.  However, I am not a disappointment to God.  He knew before the world was formed, that I would be exactly what I am today.  He knew that if He formed me into the image of His Son to fast, that I would be extremely prideful and judgmental.  So, my lack of spirituality is a good thing; I certainly am neither of those things!  Still, it would be nice to have only spiritual thoughts regardless of my circumstances.  He promised me that He is doing the work of making me like Christ, and whatever He starts, He finishes (Phil. 1:6; 1 Jn. 3:2)!  I cannot wait!
 
Pride is taking credit for what God is doing in one's life! 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment