Saturday, January 10, 2015

CHOOSE: THE NEWS, OR THE GOOD NEWS!

No matter how bad things get, we must have faith in the God of Creation, the God of Abraham, of Isaac, of Jacob, of Joseph, of Moses, and of Jesus, the Christ of Israel and the Savior of all who will place their trust in Him!

"And, behold, they brought to Him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee" (Mt. 9:2)!

"But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid" (Mt. 14:27)!

"For they all saw Him, and were troubled. And immediately He talked with them, and saith unto them, Be of good cheer: it is I; be not afraid" (Mk. 6:50)! 

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world" (Jn. 16:33)!

"And the night following the Lord stood by him, and said, Be of good cheer, Paul: for as thou hast testified of me in Jerusalem, so must thou bear witness also at Rome" (Acts 23:11)!

"And now I exhort you to be of good cheer: for there shall be no loss of any man's life among you, but of the ship" (Acts. 27:22)!

"Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I believe God, that it shall be even as it was told me" (Acts 27:25)!

It is no accident that the phrase "be of good cheer," appears seven times in the Bible.  "Fear not" appears sixty-three times!  "Be not afraid" is found in twenty-six verses!  The word "trust" occurs 134 times; "believe" is found 143 times; and "faith" 247 times!  John 14:1 says,

 
"Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in Me!"




No comments:

Post a Comment