Friday, April 29, 2016

KEY VERSES IN THE BOOK OF REVELATION

Revelation 1:1-2 - "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto Him, to show unto His servants things which must shortly come to pass; and He sent and signified it by His angel unto His servant John:  who bare record of the Word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw."

Revelation 1:10-11 - "I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest (present tense), write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia (present tense); unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea."

Revelation 1:19-20 - "Write the things which thou hast seen (past tense), and the things which are (present tense), and the things which shall be hereafter (future tense).  The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches." 

Note:  To the Apostle John, Ch. 1 is past tense (see 1:20); Ch. 2-3 are present tense (see 3:20); Ch. 4-22 are future tense (see 4:1).

Revelation 4:1-2 - "After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will show thee things which must be hereafter (future tense).  And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and One sat on the throne."

Revelation 9:17 - "And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone."

Revelation 17:1 - "And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will show unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters."

Revelation 21:9-10 - "And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will show thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.  And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God."


He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly.
Amen.  Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment