Tuesday, June 26, 2018

THE GOD OF LOVE, STILL DEMANDS REPENTANCE!


GOD'S CALL TO REPENTANCE!


Matthew 9:13But go ye and learn what that means, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice:  for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Luke 24:47And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Acts 20:21Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Gentiles, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Peter 3:9The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Revelation 3:19-20As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten:  be zealous therefore, and repent.  Behold, I stand at the door, and knock:  if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me!


WHAT REPENTANCE LOOKS LIKE!

JOB 42:1-6
[1] Then Job answered the LORD, and said,
[2] I know that Thou can do every thing, and that no thought can be withheld from Thee.
[3] Who is he that hides counsel without knowledge?   Therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.
[4] Hear, I beseech Thee, and I will speak:  I will demand of Thee, and declare Thou unto me.
[5] I have heard of Thee by the hearing of the ear:  but now mine eye sees Thee.
[6] Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.

PSALM 51:1-17
[1] Have mercy upon me, O God, according to Thy loving kindness:  according unto the multitude of Thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
[2] Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
[3] For I acknowledge my transgressions:  and my sin is ever before me.
[4] Against Thee, Thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in Thy sight:  that Thou might be justified when Thou speak, and be clear when Thou judge.
[5] Behold, I was shaped in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
[6] Behold, Thou desires truth in the inward parts:  and in the hidden part Thou shall make me to know wisdom.
[7] Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean:  wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
[8] Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which Thou hast broken may rejoice.
[9] Hide Thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
[10] Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
[11] Cast me not away from Thy presence; and take not Thy Holy Spirit from me.
[12] Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation; and uphold me with Thy free Spirit.
[13] Then will I teach transgressors Thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto Thee.
[14] Deliver me from blood-guiltiness, O God, Thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of Thy righteousness.
[15] O Lord, open Thou my lips; and my mouth shall show forth Thy praise.
[16] For Thou desires not sacrifice; else would I give it:  Thou delights not in burnt offering.
[17] The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit:  a broken and a contrite heart, O God, Thou wilt not despise.

MICAH 6:1-8
[1] Hear ye now what the LORD says; Arise, contend thou before the mountains, and let the hills hear thy voice.

[2] Hear ye, O mountains, the LORD's controversy, and ye strong foundations of the earth:  for the LORD has a controversy with His people, and He will plead with Israel.
[3] O My people, what have I done unto thee?  And wherein have I wearied thee?  Testify against Me.
[4] For I brought thee up out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed thee out of the house of servants; and I sent before thee Moses, Aaron, and Miriam.
[5] O My people, remember now what Balak, king of Moab consulted, and what Balaam, the son of Beor answered him from Shittim unto Gilgal; that ye may know the righteousness of the LORD.
[6] Wherewith shall I come before the LORD, and bow myself before the High God?  Shall I come before Him with burnt offerings, with calves of a year old?
[7] Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten thousands of rivers of oil?  Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?
[8] He has showed thee, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?


REPENT!  CHANGE YOUR MIND 
ABOUT WHO SHOULD BE LORD OF YOUR LIFE! 
JESUS CHRIST IS THE LORD! 







No comments:

Post a Comment