Wednesday, November 13, 2019

MY GOD'S NAME IS I AM!


GOD TOLD MOSES HIS NAME!

Exodus 3:13-15 - And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers has sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is His name?  What shall I say unto them?  And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM:  and He said, Thus shall you say unto the children of Israel, I AM has sent me unto you.  And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shall you say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me unto you:  this is My name forever, and this is My memorial unto all generations.


JESUS DECLARED HIMSELF TO BE THE I AM!

John 8:24 - I said therefore unto you, that you shall die in your sins:  for if you believe not that I AM he, you shall die in your sins.

John 8:28 - Then said Jesus unto them, When you have lifted up the Son of man, then shall you know that I AM he, and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father has taught Me, I speak these things.

John 8:58 - Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.

John 13:13 - You call Me Master and Lord:  and you say well; for so I AM.  

John 13:19 - Now I tell you before it comes, that, when it is comes to pass, you may believe that I AM he.

John 18:4-6Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon Him, went forth, and said unto them, Whom do you seek?  They answered Him, Jesus of Nazareth.  Jesus said unto them, I AM he. And Judas also, who betrayed Him, stood with them.  As soon then as He had said unto them, I AM he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.

[Note:  Where you see he in the texts above, the word he does not appear in the Greek originals; it has mistakenly been added by translators who attempted to interpret them.  In light of these verses, I feel comfortable in presenting my understanding of John 14:6.]

JOHN 14:6 

Jesus said, I AM the Way, I AM the Truth, and I AM the Life: no man comes unto the Father, but by Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment