Saturday, November 23, 2019

WHO IS THE JESUS OF THE BIBLE?


JUST SEVEN OF THE SCORES OF PASSAGES
WHICH GIVE THE IDENTITY OF JESUS!

Matthew 16:13-17 (as I understand the text) - When Jesus came to the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I, the Son of man, am?  And they said, Some say that You are John the Baptist:  some, Elijah; and others, Jeremiah, or one of the prophets.  He said unto them, But whom do you say that I am?  And Simon Peter answered and said, You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.  And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed are you, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood has not revealed it unto you, but My Father Who is in heaven.

Mark 14:60-64 (as I understand the text) And the high priest stood up in the midst, and asked Jesus, saying, Have You nothing to say?  What about what these accusers say against You?  But He held His peace, and answered nothing.  Again the high priest asked Him, and said unto Him, Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed (the Son of God)?  And Jesus said, I AM:  and you shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power (God), and coming in the clouds of heaven.  Then the high priest tore his clothes, and said, What need we of any further witnesses?  You have heard the blasphemy:  what is your verdict?  And they all found Him guilty and condemned Him to death.

Luke 22:67-71 (as I understand the text) - Are You the Christ?  Tell us.  And He said unto them, If I tell you that I AM, you will not believe:  and if I also ask you, you will not answer Me, nor let Me go.  Hereafter shall I, the Son of man, sit on the right hand of the power of God.  Then said they all, Are You then the Son of God?  And He said unto them, As you say, I AMAnd they said, What need we any further witness?  For we ourselves have heard of His own mouth.

John 8:53-59 (as I understand the text) - Are You greater than our father Abraham, who is dead, and the prophets who are dead:  Who do You claim to be?   Jesus answered, If I honor Myself, My honor is nothing:  it is My Father Who honors Me; of Whom you say, that He is your God:  yet you have not known Him; but I know Him: and if I should say, I do not know Him, I shall be a liar like you:  but I know Him, and obey His Word.  Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day:  and he saw it, and was glad.  Then the Jews said unto Him, You are not yet fifty years old, and You say you have seen Abraham?   Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham existed, I AMThen took they up stones to cast at Him:  but Jesus hid Himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

John 9:35-38 (as I understand the text)Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when He had found him, He said unto him, Do you believe in the Son of GodHe answered and said, Who is He, Lord, that I might believe in Him?  And Jesus said unto him, You have both seen Him, and it is He Who now talks with you.  And he said, Lord, I believe.  And he worshipped Him.

John 18:2-6 (as I understand the text)And Judas also, who betrayed Him, knew the place:  for Jesus often went there with His disciples.  Judas then, having received a band of men and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, came there with lanterns and torches and weapons.  Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should happen to Him, went forth, and said unto them, Whom do you seek?  They answered Him, Jesus of Nazareth.  Jesus said unto them, I AM.  And Judas also, who betrayed Him, stood with them.  As soon then as He had said unto them, I AM, they went backward, and fell to the ground.

John 20:24-31 (as I understand the text)But Thomas, one of the twelve, also called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.  The other disciples said unto him, We have seen the Lord.  But he said unto them, Except I shall see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into His side, I will not believe.  And after eight days, again His disciples were within, and this time, Thomas was with them:  then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.  Then He said to Thomas, put your finger here, and behold My hands; and take your hand, and thrust it into My side:  and be not faithless, but believe.  And Thomas said unto Him, My Lord and my God.  
Jesus said unto him, Thomas, because you have seen Me, You have believed:  blessed are they that have not seen Me, and yet have believed.  And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book:  but these are written, that you might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you might have life through His name.


DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE BIBLICAL JESUS?
IF SO, BE SURE TO TELL OTHERS OF HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment