Sunday, March 25, 2012

WHY SHOULD A BELIEVER FEAR DEATH?

It has always amazed me how the majority of those who profess to be Christians are so fearful of death. Perhaps it isn't death that causes such fear, but the process of dying itself. No one likes to think about pain, extended illness, dependency on others, the astronomical expense, etc., but like it or not, unless Christ returns to take us up to heaven during our lifetime via the Rapture (Jn. 14:1-3; 1 Cor. 15:50-55; 1 Thes. 4:13-18), our bodies are all going to die (Heb. 9:27). The good news is, to those of us who have trusted in Jesus, our souls and our spirits will never die (Jn. 11:25-26).

Here are seven wonderful statements which should be the source of peace to every born again believer:

1) “And Jesus said unto him (the thief on the cross), Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with Me in paradise” (Lk. 23:43).

2) “Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto Myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.you” (Jn.14:1-3).

3) "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us (born again believers from the love of God; which is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Rom. 8:38-39).

4) “We (born again believers) are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord” (2 Cor. 5:8).

5)
“For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain . . .For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better” (Phil. 1:21, 23).

6) “And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them” (Rev. 14:13).

7) “And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away” (Rev. 21:3-4).

Winston Churchill was right; "All we have to fear is fear itself!"

Fear is the opposite of faith!





No comments:

Post a Comment