Friday, November 28, 2014

SEEKING TO KNOW GOD'S WILL

Here are seven steps that you can follow in discovering God’s will for you: 
  1. Be willing to do God’s will no matter what it is: "Lord, I want whatever You want! Help me to want what You want!"
     
  2. Go to God’s Word and ask yourself, "Does the Bible tell me anything that would help me to know what God’s will is in this situation?"
     
  3. Pray to God, even as Jesus did, "Lord, not my will but Thine be done!"
     
  4. Wait on the Lord. Do not make any hasty or quick decisions. Do not move ahead of the Lord. Give God some time to show you what He wants. Don’t be in a hurry.
     
  5. God is in control of all the circumstances and He is over everything that happens. Things happen for a reason.  Trust Him!
      
  6. Seek godly counsel. Go to someone who is wiser than you and who knows God’s Word better than you. Sometimes your parents, your Sunday School teacher or your Pastor will be able to give you good solid help and advice.
      
  7. Use your God-given common sense. God has given you a mind to think with: USE IT! Think things through carefully. Try to come to the best and wisest decision that you can. Make sure you have followed these steps to the best of your ability.
      
After you have followed or considered all of these seven steps, come to a final decision. Don’t go by feelings. ("I should go visit my cousins because I have a funny feeling in my big toe!")  Don’t expect a voice from heaven saying, "THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD DO...." When you have arrived at your decision, then go ahead and do it in faith. Even if you did not make the very best decision, God can still guide you. It is much easier to steer a moving car than a car that is not moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment