Tuesday, October 27, 2015

DAWN'S FAITH IN THE LORD

My daughter has had to "pay" for many wrong choices that she made as a person, and as a mother.  What she does not know, is that those who love her dearly, suffer with her through the "consequences."  Tonight, she wrote this on Facebook.  I print it here with pride in her love for Almighty God.

"This song will not leave my head..... "I am guilty. Ashamed of what I've done. My hands are dirty. How dare I lift them up to the Holy One... You plead my cause! You right my wrongs! You break my chains! You overcome! You gave your life to give me mine! You say that I am free... How can it be?"
I have been reminded over and over this past week of the ways I've failed by people I love dearly. I've been forced to relive the regrets that used to cause me nightmares. And I am gu...ilty. My hands are not clean. And yet, without any doubt I know that God doesn't even see those things when He looks at me. It breaks my heart that people I love only see my failures, flaws, brokenness. But this morning I realized two things that helped greatly...
One, Jesus never sinned or failed, never made a single mistake and thousands hated Him. Rejected Him - still do. The other, when He knew He was about to go through unbearable pain, He didn't pretend it wasn't going to be horrible and put on a strong face. He sweat blood! He was scared. He knew the end and chose obedience but He also knew it would be excruciating!
The guilt of my grieving the pain I am experiencing and am facing disappeared. I know it will be okay eventually. I've always known that. I also know no matter how deeply I regret my failures in life, I can not undo them and HE says I am free. Who am I, who are they to question that?!?
By the way... He really is a Wonderful Counselor and a good, good Father...."


Your mother and I love you very much, Dawn!  May God soften the hurt from those who would determine "you consequences."

No comments:

Post a Comment