Sunday, December 27, 2015

MORE THAN SAVIOUR; JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!

The Bible makes it very clear that Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world.  The word "Saviour" appears thirty-seven times in the Scriptures.  However, Jesus Christ is more than just our Saviour; He is Lord!  "Lord" appears seven thousand, eight hundred, and eighty-eight times!  Perhaps the clearest example is found in Revelation 19:16, which says, "And He hath on His vesture and on His thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS."

JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONE AND ONLY SAVIOUR

2 Samuel 22:3 - "The God of my Rock; in Him will I trust: He is my Shield, and the Horn of my salvation, my High Tower, and my Refuge, my Saviour; Thou savest me from violence."

Isaiah 45:15 - "Verily thou art a God that hidest Thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour."

Jeremiah 14:8 - "O the Hope of Israel, the Saviour thereof in time of trouble, why shouldest Thou be as a stranger in the land, and as a wayfaring man that turneth aside to tarry for a night?"

Luke 1:46-47 - "And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, and my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour."

John 4:42 - "And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard Him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world."

Ephesians 5:23 - "For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the Church: and He is the Saviour of the body."

Philippians 3:20 - "For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ."

1 Timothy 4:10 - "For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe."

1 John 4:14 - "And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world."

Jude 1:24-25 - "Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment