Monday, October 28, 2019

BORN AGAIN BELIEVERS ARE SAVED TO SERVE!


SALVATION IS A FREE GIFT, TO BE
FOLLOWED BY A LIFE OF SERVICE!

The other day, a fellow wrote that I was a legalist for suggesting born again believers ought to be working to share the Gospel; his point was that a person is saved by grace and not by works.  I responded by saying that I was not talking about being saved by works, but that those who have been saved are to be about God's business.  He then told me I was not saved!  Even though I had quoted these verses, he refused to accept them as truth:

Ephesians 2:8-10 - For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves:  it is the gift of God:  not of works, lest any man should boast.  For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

So today, I want to show that born again believers have been saved to serve Almighty God!  Here are a few verses to support this:

Luke 4:8And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get behind Me, Satan:  for it is written, You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only shalt you serve.

Luke 16:13No servant can serve two masters:  for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other.  Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

John 12:26 - If any man serve Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there shall also My servant be:  if any man serve Me, him will My Father honor.

Acts 27:23For there stood by me this night the angel of God, Whose I am, and Whom I serve.

Romans 1:9 - For God is my witness, Whom I serve with my spirit in the Gospel of His Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers.

Romans 7:6 - But now we are delivered from the Law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Romans 14:17-18 - For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.  For he that in these things serves Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.

Galatians 5:13 - For, brethren, you have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

Colossians 3:24 - Knowing that of the Lord you shall receive the reward of the inheritance:  for you serve the Lord Christ.

1 Thessalonians 1:9 - For they themselves show of us what manner of entering in we had unto (the welcome we had from) you, and how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God.

2 Timothy 1:3 - I thank God, Whom I serve from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of you in my prayers night and day.

Hebrews 9:14How much more shall the blood of Christ, Who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Hebrews 12:28 - Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear.


THE CHRISTIAN LIFE IS TO BE
A LIFE OF SERVICE TO GOD 
AND TO ONE ANOTHER!




No comments:

Post a Comment