Saturday, October 12, 2019

TRUE BELIEVERS ARE NOTHING MORE THAN HUMBLE HYPOCRITES!


BECOMING A CHILD OF GOD!

John 1:11-13 - He (Jesus) came unto His own (the Jews), and His own received Him not.  But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons (children) of God, even to those who believed on His name:  who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but (who are born of the will) of God.

John 3:5-7 - . . . I (Jesus) say unto you, Except a man be born of water (physical birth) and of the Spirit (Spiritual birth), he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.  That which is born of the flesh (physical birth) is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit (Spiritual birth) is spirit.  Marvel not that I said unto you, You must be born again.

KNOWING WE ARE CHILDREN OF GOD!
[Notice the present tense verbs] 

Romans 8:16-17 - The Spirit itself bears witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:  and if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ . . . .

Galatians 3:26 - For you are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 2:13-15For it is God Who works in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure.  Do all things without murmuring and disputing, that you may be blameless and harmless, the sons (children) of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom you shine as lights in the world.

BORN AGAIN BELIEVERS ARE NOT SINLESS, YET!
[Again, notice the present tense verbs]

Romans 7:18-25For I (the Apostle Paul) know that in me, that is, in my flesh, dwells no good thing:  for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.  For the good that I would I do not:  but the evil which I would not, that I do.  Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwells in me.  I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.  For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:  but I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.  O wretched man that I am!  Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?  I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord.  So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

1 John 1:8-10If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.  If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His Word is not in us.

1 John 3:1-2 - Behold, what manner of love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons (children) of God:  therefore the world knows us not, because it knew Him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it does not yet appear what we shall be:  but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is.


WE LOVE HIM BECAUSE HE FIRST LOVED US!
WE HAVE FAITH JESUS DIED FOR OUR SINS!
WE LOOK FOR JESUS, OUR BLESSED HOPE!



No comments:

Post a Comment