1) "For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him" (Mt. 21:32).
2) "And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel" (Mk. 1:15).
Today, I want to describe how repentance takes place. Our repentance is the work of God!
* This can be clearly seen in three verses from Psalm 80:
 Turn us again, O God, and cause Thy face to shine; and we shall be saved.
 Turn us again, O God of hosts, and cause Thy face to shine; and we shall be saved.
 Turn us again, O LORD God of hosts, cause Thy face to shine; and we shall be saved.
* This is the convicting work of the Holy Spirit as is seen in John 16:
 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not
away the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send Him unto you.
 And when He is come, He will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness,
and of judgment:
 Of sin, because they believe not on Me;
 Of righteousness, because I go to My Father, and ye see Me no more;
 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
* This conviction comes from hearing the Gospel message found in 1 Corinthians 15:
 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for
our sins according to the scriptures;
 And that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures.
Like salvation, repentance is a gift, and not of our own works lest any man should boast!