Tuesday, March 19, 2013

CATHOLICS, BAPTISTS, WHATEVER...

My dear cousin sent me a note that my recent blog posts on Pope Francis I had saddened her.  To her, and to all who feel as she does, I want to sincerely apologize.  That was never my intention.  And while I do not wish to retract anything I have written, I do wish that I had written them in a more loving and considerate way.  I am sure that my hostility toward Roman Catholicism, and all religion, for that matter, resulted in my insensitivity, and that, I wish could be retracted. 

It is my belief that religion is a system of "do's and don't's" designed to guide followers in life, so that they avoid hell and reach heaven when they die.  Religion can be summed up in one word:  "Works."  All religions that teach one can be saved from God's wrath by earning a right-standing with Him, are literally guiding mankind into certain destruction. 

Salvation is not attainable by works.  Good works are the result of one being saved (see Rom. 11:6; Eph. 2:8-10; 2 Tim. 1:9; etc.)!  Adam did not believe God, and his relationship with God was broken.  Abraham believed God, and his relationship with God was sealed.  We read:   

" (Abraham) staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; and being fully persuaded that, what (God) had promised, He was able also to perform (see Phil. 1:6).  And therefore it was imputed to (Abraham) for righteousness (see 2 Cor. 5:21).  Now it was not written for (Abraham's) sake alone, that it was imputed to him; but for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe (that the Father) raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; (that same Jesus who) was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification. Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:  by whom also we have access by faith into this (unmerited favor) wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope (see 1 Jn. 3:1-3) of the glory of God" (Rom. 4:20-5:2 - my version). 
 
As I said before, some Roman Catholics, the ones who are trusting in Jesus, and not in themselves, will be in heaven.  The same is true of Baptists, Presbyterians, Lutherans, etc.  Those who believe they can be good enough to get there, regardless of the label of their system, are destined for hell!

No comments:

Post a Comment