Monday, March 4, 2013

THE PROOF IS IN THE DETAILS

I cannot help but shudder at the thought that I, while in my late twenties, believed it was my calling to "set free" all of those who were "brainwashed" into believing there was a god.  I delighted in "destroying" the defenses believers offered to support their faith; it made me feel that I was intellectually superior.  Then it happened!  The Lord orchestrated a series of events which convinced me that He not only existed, but that I desperately needed the gift He was offering through faith in His Son:  salvation.  Humbled and on my knees in my living room, this fool gave his life to Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior!

Now, I am amazed how anyone could deny God!  There is so much evidence, not only for His existence, but that He is Omniscient, Omnipresent, and Omnipotent!  And the longer I have been a born again believer, the more proof I see in the Word, the world, and in my everyday situations. 

Yesterday in church, my pastor was teaching on the "suicide" of Samson, and he took a moment to focus upon a verse that has never before caught my attention.  He pointed out the different words Samson used in addressing God.  It says, "And Samson called unto the LORD, and said, O Lord GOD, remember me, I pray thee, and strengthen me, I pray thee, only this once, O God, that I may be at once avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes" (Jud. 16:28).  Later, I was thinking about how meticulously the ancient scribes were in documenting God's Word, and how, after over 3000 years, the English translators still insisted on being absolutely accurate.  So, I looked at the Hebrew to see what difference there is in the original wording.  I found:
"the LORD" is from יהוה Yĕhovah
"O Lord GOD" is from אדני 'Adonay - plus - יהוה Yĕhovih
"O God" is from אלהים 'elohiym

I was immediately reminded of Deuteronomy 6:4, which says, "Hear O Israel:  The LORD our God, is one LORD."  shows the same attention to detail: 

"The LORD" is from יהוה Yĕhovah
 "God" is from אלהים 'elohiym
"one LORD" is from  יהוה Yĕhovah
 
No other book demonstrated the exactness of God's revelation to man!

No comments:

Post a Comment