Sunday, May 18, 2014

EVER SAY, "I HATE MYSELF?"

For years, I have struggled to stand strong against my "thorn in my side."  I have studied the Word; I know it says that God is faithful and will not allow me to be tempted above my ability to endure (1 Cor. 10:13)!  I have been prayed over!  I have repeatedly told myself that no one is perfect; every born again believer is, and will remain, imperfect until we are face-to-face with Jesus (1 Jn. 3:2)!  I know that until this corruption puts on incorruption, and this mortal puts on immortality, I am going to fail (1 Cor. 15:42-54)!  And yet, I continually find myself humbled by my inability to resist the Tempter! 

This morning, I turned on my faithful computer, clicked on Facebook, and I found this.  Pamela Edwards had printed it, and whether or not anyone else is blessed by it, I certainly was.   

"Before you quit and give up in discouragement, consider the long and difficult process by which a butterfly emerges from its cocoon.  If you try to rush God’s purpose and process in your life, you’ll produce something deformed, something that can’t get off the ground and fly. Perhaps you’re thinking, ‘I can’t wait for this to be over.’  That’s understandable.  Job couldn’t either.  He said, ‘All the days of my hard service I will wait, ’til my change comes.’  But by God’s grace he... survived, and ended up with twice as much as he lost.

So hold on, your change is coming!  God won’t give up on you, so don’t give up on Him! There’s a work going on in you right now. Something is dying that has to die, so that something better can be brought to life.  Let it happen.  Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego told a king, ‘We will not bow down to your gods’ (Dan. 3:18).  Don’t bow to temptation, or to manipulation, or to ungodly persuasion.  Don’t try to keep up with the Joneses, or surrender to selfish ambition or self-promotion.  Don’t bow to the spirit of anxiousness and impatience.  Continue to walk by faith and not by sight, knowing that ‘…[God] is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all we are able to ask or think…’ (Eph.3:20)
They say, ‘Good things come to those who wait.’  The determining factor is, for Whom are you waiting?  God says there’s a purpose for all these things (Eccl. 3:1).  Wait, God will make the pieces fit together.  He won’t disappoint you.
FROM SALVATION NOTES.

No comments:

Post a Comment