Wednesday, June 18, 2014

FORGET THE 144,000; FOCUS UPON JUST ONE!

Over the many years since Jesus saved me, I have been trying to follow His leading for two reasons:  first, because He is worthy and I am eternally grateful that He saved me; and second, because I have read Hebrews 12:5-11!  Unfortunately, I have a terrible track record when it comes to Bible reading, prayer, soul-winning, guarding my thoughts and my tongue, to name just a few of my inadequacies. 

However, as imperfect as I am, I am wise enough to believe every word of God's Word.  I do admit that it is a difficult book, but that is why the Apostle Paul said to be a workman and study it (2 Tim. 2:15)!  And so I have.  Still, after forty-three years, I am merely a beginner!  Every day, I read a familiar passage and something "new pops out" to amaze me.

What I do know, is that the teachings of the Jehovah's Witnesses are wrong.  Jesus is God (Jn. 1:1, 14; 20:28)!  I also know Jesus is God, because God created the Universe, and the Scripture says Jesus did it (Jn. 1:1-3; Col. 1:16; Heb. 1:1-2; etc.)!  That means Jesus existed before Abraham (Jn. 8:58)!  The Creator's name, His name, was Jehovah (translated LORD in the KJV Old Testament over 6000 times).  Jesus voluntarily died to pay for the sins of the world (Jn. 10:18; Gal. 1:4; Phil. 2:5-8; 1 Jn. 2:2; etc.)!  Buried for three days and three nights, He was raised from death by His Father (Mt. 12:40; Gal. 1:1; etc.)!  His death, burial, and resurrection, all according to the Scriptures which prophesied of those thing, is the Good News, the Gospel, they very thing that has the power to save us (Rom. 1:16; 1 Cor. 15:1-4; etc.)!

I also know that the Jehovah's Witnesses teach that 144,000 of their members will have worked hard enough to sealed by God as His.  And, they are wrong.  First, no one can work enough to be saved (Eph. 2:8-9)!  Second, the 144,000 listed in the Book of Revelation, are 12,000 Jewish males, from each of the twelve tribes, who are virgins (Rev. 7:1-8; 14:1-5)!  They were sealed unto God's service until their work had been completed (they witness for Jesus during the first half of the seven-year Tribulation, just like the two witnesses of Revelation 11).  After the abomination of desolation (Dan. 9:27; Mt. 24:15; Rev. 13; etc.), they die and are seen following Christ in heaven (Rev. 14:4).  Like the Church before the Tribulation, the 144,000 were raised to heaven and they are also call the "first fruits unto God." 

Forget the 144,000 saved Jews; focus on making sure you are there with them!
Trust in Jesus Christ, call upon the Lord Jesus, and you will be! 

No comments:

Post a Comment