Tuesday, March 31, 2015

THE BELIEVER'S PRIORITY

When a born again believer shares his faith with an unbeliever (atheist, agnostic, or member of a religion rather than one who trusts solely in Jesus), we so often forget why we are witnessing to them.  We care about them, and their eternal destiny.  We are over-joyed with our relationship with Him and desire to share Him with others.  We feel obligated to work for Him.  All those are good reasons, but they pale in comparison to the most important reason:  in doing so, we glorify God!

"I am the LORD: that is MY NAME: and MY GLORY will I not give to another, neither MY PRAISE to graven images….Let them give GLORY unto the LORD, and declare HIS PRAISE in the islands" (Isa. 42:8, 12).

"But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and HE that formed thee, 0 Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art MINE…. Even every one that is called by MY NAME: for I have created him for MY GLORY, I have formed him; yea, I have made him" (Isa. 43:1, 7).

"Ye are My witnesses, saith the LORD, and MY servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe ME, and understand that I am HE: before ME there was no God formed, neither shall there be after ME. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside ME there is no Savior. I have declared, and have saved, and I have showed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are MY witnesses, saith the LORD, THAT I AM GOD" (Isa. 43:10-12).

"This people have I formed FOR MYSELF; they shall show forth MY PRAISE" (Isa. 43:21).

"For MINE OWN SAKE, even for MINE OWN SAKE, will I do it: for how should MY NAME be polluted? and I will not give MY GLORY unto another" (Isa. 48:11).

Why am I here? What is the purpose of my existence? Why did I wake up this morning to face another day? Why did God save me? When He saved me, why didn't He take me immediately to Heaven to be with Himself? Why did God leave me here upon the earth for a time? For what purpose did God create me and for what purpose did God save me?  To proclaim HIS GLORY!

"Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power:
for Thou hast created all things,
and FOR THY PLEASURE, they are and were created" (Rev. 4:11).

No comments:

Post a Comment