Monday, March 14, 2016

CALL NO MAN BY HIS NAME

GOD'S WARNING CONCERNING HIS NAMES

Exodus 20:7; Deuteronomy 5:11 - "Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh His name in vain." 
 
SOME OF THE NAMES BELONGING TO GOD ALONE

Exodus 3:13-14 - "And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is His name?  What shall I say unto them?  And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and He said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you."

Psalm 111:9 - "He sent redemption unto His people:  He hath commanded His covenant forever:  Holy and Reverend is His name."  (TAKE NOTE:  "Clergy" are not to be called "Reverend!")

Malachi 1:6 - "A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master:  if then I be Father, where is Mine honour?  And if I be Master, where is My fear?  Saith the LORD of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise My name...."

Matthew 23:8-10 - "But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.  And call no man Father upon the earth:  for one is your Father, which is in heaven.  Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ."

Luke 1:31 - "And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call His name JESUS."

John 1:1, 14 - "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."

1 John 5:7 - "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

Revelation 19:13 - "And He was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and His name is called The Word of God."
 
REVEREND IS HIS NAME

No comments:

Post a Comment