Sunday, March 27, 2016

THE BIBLE WILL EXPOSE FALSE TEACHING

Recently, a young man wrote to me on Facebook, telling me that the Apostle Peter preached a different Gospel than did the Apostle Paul.  He said that Peter preached the Gospel of the Kingdom to the Jews, while Paul preached the Gospel of Grace to the Gentiles.  He used three references where Paul called his message "my Gospel" as proof (Rom. 2:16; 16:25; 2 Tim. 2:8).  He said that he had been listening to Les Feldick, who taught this.  I do not know if Les Feldick teaches that, but here is my response to any who believe this false teaching.
 
According to Paul, there is but one Gospel - Galatians 1:6-8:
"I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:  WHICH IS NOT ANOTHER; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the Gospel of Christ.  But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed."

According to Paul, only one Gospel has the power to save the lost - Romans 1:16:
"For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; TO THE JEW FIRST, AND ALSO TO THE GREEK."

According to Paul, the true Gospel is as follows - 1 Corinthians 15:1-4:
"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the Gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand....For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures."

According to Paul, all the Apostles preached the same message - 1 Corinthians 15:9-11:
"For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the Church of God.  But by the grace of God I am what I am: and His grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.  Therefore whether it were I OR THEY, SO WE PREACH, AND SO YE BELIEVED"  (1 Cor. 15:1-11)!
 
Note:  The Church existed BEFORE Paul was converted - If there is only one Gospel that saves, someone had to have proclaimed it.  Someone did - Peter! 

Peter preached the same message on the Day of Pentecost - Acts 2:22-24:
"Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by Him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:  Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have CRUCIFIED AND SLAIN:  WHOM GOD HATH RAISED UP, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that He should be holden of it."

Acts 2:46-47 - "And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, praising God, and having favor with all the people. And THE LORD ADDED TO THE CHURCH DAILY SUCH AS SHOULD BE SAVED."



No comments:

Post a Comment