Saturday, March 12, 2016

JESUS AS PORTRAYED IN JOHN'S GOSPEL

John 1:41-42 - "He (Andrew) first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messiah, which is, being interpreted, the Christ.  And he brought him to Jesus...."

John 4:25-42 - "The woman saith unto Him, I know that Messiah cometh, which is called Christ: when He is come, He will tell us all things.  Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am He....The woman then left her waterpot, and went her way into the city, and saith to the men, Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did:  is not this the Christ?  Then they went out of the city, and came unto Him....And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on Him for the saying of the woman, which testified, He told me all that ever I did.  So when the Samaritans were come unto Him, they besought Him that He would tarry with them: and He abode there two days.  And many more believed because of His own Word; and said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard Him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Savior of the world."

John 9:35-38 - "Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when He had found him, He said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?  He answered and said, Who is He, Lord, that I might believe on Him?  And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen Him, and it is He that talketh with thee.  And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped Him."

John 10:23-25 - "And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch.  Then came the Jews round about Him, and said unto Him, How long dost Thou make us to doubt?  If Thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.  Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in My Father's name, they bear witness of Me."

John 11:27 - "She (Martha) saith unto Him, Yea, Lord: I believe that Thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world."

John 13:12-15 - "So after He had washed their feet, and had taken His garments, and was set down again, He said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you?  Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.  If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.  For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you."

John 20:27-31 - "Then saith He to Thomas, reach hither thy finger, and behold My hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into My side: and be not faithless, but believing.  And Thomas answered and said unto Him, My Lord and my God.  Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen Me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.  And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book:  but these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through His name."

No comments:

Post a Comment